PRESS RELEASE – 30 January 2011
Posted by clandestina on 6 February 2011
PRESS RELEASE – 6th day of hunger strike
30 January 2011
1. The 50 immigrant workers at the Labor Centre in Thessaloniki are continuing the hunger strike with determination. Their spirits are high.
2. Every day, they receive more messages of support and solidarity from trade unions, organizations, and several individuals.
3. Announcement of the Assembly of 300 Hunger Strikers to Society (29 January 2011)
We, the 300 migrants hunger strikers, we demand legalization of all migrants living and working in Greece and we declare the following:
– We, 300, took the initiative for that kind of struggle, without the intervention of political parties, organizations and individuals.
– We believe that the country that we live in is a democracy and as such must respect human rights and international agreements.
– We are committed and we continue the hunger strike; despite all the pressure and the bad conditions of the place that, by force, we accepted to move.
– We call every free thinking person in Greece or abroad to stand in solidarity with our fair struggle in order to live with dignity.
From the Press Office
Solidarity Initiative of Thessaloniki