Konstantina Kuneva attacked with sulfuric acid…
Posted by clandestina on 26 December 2008
The events before the attack and the testimonies of her fellow unionists and workers show clearly this is an act of punishing her for her involvement in the union (Read here the first announcement of the Union after the event). The Union is one of the most active workers’ unions within what euphemistically is called precarious labour: in other words, Konstantina is a migrant and a severely underpaid and unprotected worker in one of the most devalued sectors of labour; she decided to join a union in order to struggle against the inhuman conditions imposed to her and her fellow workers; her smart and clean bosses, possibly hiring mafia people or in any case with mafia methods, assaulted her. Behind the attack are them and their heavies, who have been threatening Konstantina and other women for their activity in the union. The everyday terror of bosses targets clearly and ruthlessly individuals and unions that resist the wage slavery.
This is the bank account for raising money to help Konstantina in her very difficult condition.
- Account Nr. 5012 019021 277 PIREOS BANK
- IBAN: GR 28 0172 0120 0050 1201 9021 277
- BIC: PIRBGRAA
- under the name of DECHEVA ELENA KUNEVA KOSTADINKA NIKOLOVA as account holder.
(for practical reasons we refer primarily here to actions for which there is some documentation in English – or simply to actions we took notice of since the solidarity movement is growing fast!):
Here is the blog (in greek) set up by the Solidatity Assembly people who occupied the central office of the overground metro in Athens (ΗΣΑΠ), where Konstantina used to work. It features texts to be disseminated in other languages as well. In this post we copy a text in english by the Solidarity Assembly, with all the background of Konstantinas’ story. The Thessaloniki Trade Unions Center has also been occupied in solidarity with Konstantina; in this post there are english translations of the texts issued by the occupation. This is the occupation’s blog (in Greek so far). Here (Indymedia Nantes) is a french translation of some of the same texts. From this Athens Indymedia article, we copy below an – incomplete – list of actions in solidarity with Konstantina
- 12/26 Athens: Gathering outside the hospital.
- 12/27 Athens: Occupation of the offices of ISAP
- 12/28 Athens: Demonstration to the hospital
- 12/29 Athens: Action in a central ISAP station, demonstration and clashes with the police guarding the company’s office.
- 12/30 Thessaloniki: Occupation of the offices of the Trade Unions Center
- 12/30 Thessaloniki: Demonstration
- 12/31 Athens: Action in central ISAP station
- 1/3 Athens: Demonstration in Petralona, ticket canceling machines and cameras were smashed (photos)
- 1/5 Thessaloniki: Demonstration (Photos)
- 1/7&8 Thessaloniki: Labour Inspection offices, OIKOMET and ADECCO (workers sub-letting company) branches in the city are smashed in solidarity with Konstantina, against the new working relations terror.
WHEN THE BOSSES HURT ONE OF US, THEY HURT US ALL!
SOLIDARITY WITH KONSTANTINA AND HER UNION!
AGAINST STATE AND BOSSES’ TERRORISM!